that I ‘m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Will relocate in the Australian jungle into a destroyed British castle for this season ‘s show, ITV has stated.
The broadcaster stated the coronavirus pandemic supposed it “only wasn’t feasible for us to journey and produce the series ” Down Under as normal.
That means bush Tucker trials have been outside, but ITV claimed similarly “gruelling trials and fun-filled challenges”.
ITV hasn’t disclosed the place, aside from stating it’s “from the countryside”.
It’s also not shown whether the participating celebrities will dwell in the castle or within a camp.
“Our stars will likely have to swap shorts to get thermals but they could still look forward to some simple diet of beans and rice and lots of excitement and surprises on the way, ” ITV Studios manager of amusement Richard Cowles stated.
The firm needed “pulled out all the stops” to create the series occur in Australia, he said.
“Regrettably, as a result of continuing Covid-19 outbreak and even though we considering several distinct contingencies, it became evident that it simply wasn’t possible for us to journey and produce the display there, ” he explained.
“But we’re really enthusiastic about a UK edition of that I ‘m A Celebrity. When it’s going to surely be different making the display from the united kingdom, exactly the exact same tone and texture will stay. “
Ant and Dec will exhibit the 20 in string, with the winner to be crowned the first king or queen of this castle.
The statement comes a week later ITV confirmed that the show would definitely return this autumn.
Manager of television Kevin Lygo said: “We announced last week that we had been doing everything we could to create the show and that I ‘m thrilled that we’re able to bring the series to audiences not at the jungle.
“We’ve got a fantastic staff both on and off-screen and that I understand they will create a hugely enjoyable series. “
In the event the series hadn’t gone ahead this season, it might have been a significant setback for the station in addition to for audiences.
The 2019 launching show has been its most-watched programme of this year, seen by over 13 million individuals.
This made it the UK’s hottest reality series, and was watching the very best episodes for Strictly Come Dancing, Britain’s Got Talent as well as The fantastic British Bake Off.
On Thursday, ITV chief executive Dame Carolyn McCall explained the pandemic had set the broadcaster through “among the most difficult instances ” in its own history.
Marketing revenues for its April-to-June quarter dropped 43 percent, the business said.
ITV had’t put out details of if the contestants will need to quarantine and also have coronavirus tests ahead.
In the united states, the participants at the most recent series of Big Brother All Stars needed to quarantine for a couple of weeks and also have routine coronavirus evaluations prior to its launching on Wednesday.
The contestants wore masks and socially distanced in the bunch before enteringbut were permitted to remove the masks and prevent socially distancing when they were indoors, Buzzfeed reported.